Date:      Fri, 04 Feb 2000 08:17:40 -0800
From:      bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV
Subject:   Starting up IPv6 on -CURRENT

--==_Exmh_221775372P

Hi all--

I just got a 4.0-CURRENT machine up and running (sources cvsup-ed
yesterday), and I've been playing with the integrated IPv6 stack a bit.

On my 3.4-RELEASE + KAME 20000110 snapshot machine, /usr/local/v6/
rc.net6 is a script to bring up either one interface (in the case of a
single-homed, possibly-autoconfigured host) or several interfaces (in
the case of a router).  I can't seem to find anything analogous in /etc
on my -CURRENT machine.  This would seem to make it somewhat difficult
for someone without prior experience with the KAME stack (and an rc.net6
file to look at) to actually bring up IPv6 on -CURRENT.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Bruce.

PS.  When I put rc.net6 into /etc on my -CURRENT machine and set it to
be called from /etc/rc.local (trying to emulate my KAME-ified system),
it seemed to Do The Right Thing (TM), but with the following differences:

1.  Paths are different.  Fortunately, most of them are set in shell
variables near the top of the script, so they're easy to change.

2.  ndp works a little differently than in the KAME snapshot I have (it
doesn't have a -I option to set a default interface).  At least on this
system, it wasn't fatal, although it caused ndp to exit with an error
when it was called.

--==_Exmh_221775372P

--==_Exmh_221775372P--