Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:46:20 +0800
From:      =?gb2312?B?1cUgwcE=?= <johnsonest@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gary.thomas@mind.be
Subject:   some question

hi,i have a question about tcp/ip stack,could you help me?
   when we send a tcp packet with tcp_maxopt(tcp_maxopt = min(my mss,mss
offerd by opposite socket) +length of TCP options,as ecos does in function
tcp_mss() of the file tcp_input.c) to IP,and IP insert some IP options into
packet,so maybe length of whole IP packet > ifp->mtu,so Ip must fragment
this tcp packet,and TCP failed to avoid fragmenting in host itsself.
   as we know,TCP always avoid to fragment as possible,maybe the condition
above does not occur often,but it is possible.
right?
or wrong,please tell me,Thank you very much!

BRS/johnsonest