Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 11:01:50 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        bill_h@inetnebr.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading form 2.1 to 2.1.5

In article <320C353C.76E1@inetnebr.com> you wrote:
: I have the Walnut Creek FreeBSD 2.1 CD Set and Love it !!
: Seriously, I was running SCO and switched due to a change in their
: licensing and purchase polcy.

: Anyway, I have looked EVERYWHERE on the freeBSD.org server and cannot
: find instructions on how to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.1.5, I know I need
: sources as I am always rebuilding something.

: QUESTION:

: What do I need to get and how do I upgrade from 2.1 to 2.1.5

 Pretty much the same as installing 2.1.5 for the first time.  If you
 have good net-connectivity then you can do it from the net, otherwise
 the 2.1.5 CDROM's have been pressed.

 When you run the 2.1.5 install disk there is an option for
  2.1 -> 2.1.5 upgrade.

: I have a generic Novell certified PCI NE2000 10/mb NIC ( Turbo PCI
: Ethernet ),
: It is set up at addr:6000 irq:12.
: I cannot get my 2.1 drivers to find this card, are generic PCI NE2000's
: not supported ?

 When you boot use the "-c" option (then "visual") to configure the
 ne2000 driver to use these options.  (don't quote me on this, but
 i don't think it will support addr:6000)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  Finger pjchilds@al.imforei.apana.org.au for public PGP key