Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:52:01 -0400
From:      Allen Landsidel <all@biosys.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   addendum to cyrus/sasl problem..

Something I think is relevant but forgot to include in my previous message..

When I connect to the imap server, via telnet or /usr/local/bin/imtest
There are no "AUTH=" tags listed as there are in the example on the cyrus
website (which is a totally unhelpful site).

Their example shows one AUTH= for each auth method supported.

Also, when first connecting via either method, I get the following after
the "C: C01 CAPABILITY" and three "S:" lines..

// begin quote
S: C01 OK Unknown error: -1904809442
// end quote

Hope that helps some.. I have also emailed the person listed as responsible
for the server development from the cyrus site.. hopefully a response will
be forthcoming.