Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 13:19:42 -0500
From:      "Charles Pelletier" <fozekizer@attbi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   weird net activity with 3c509 TPO

I need help.

I have a fresh install of 4.2R on a p166 with a 3com 3c509-TPO. The card was
installed w/o problem as ep0. I have since been trying to attach the box to
my existing network. The card picked up on the IP I assigned it, but, it has
not been able to communicate smoothly with the outside world. The ping
results are horrendously slow, ranging from 10990.569 ms to 101001.304 ms
and then some.

Is this a problem specific to the card itself to the point that I need to
replace the card entirely or is there a solution to this problem w/o having
to replace the card.
thanks,
--charlie pelletier
--litmus(mp3.com/litmus)