Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:07:27 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Eirik Oeverby <ltning@anduin.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick HOWTO?

Hi Eirik,

> what can be expected of the PPC port these days?

  It boots multi-user on NewWorld machines.

  What does work:

   - tinderbox builds (well, when binutils 2.15 is completed).
   - syscons with USB keyboard/mouse
   - GEM ethernet
   - internal ATA in PIO mode (yes, a bit slow)
   - libthr

  What's in the pipe:
   - kld support
   - make release, miniiso.
   - syscons support for notebook keyboard/trackpad
   - libkse

  Further down the pipe:
   - X.org
   - ATA DMA
   - BMAC+ ethernet (iMac revA-D, B&W G3)
   - Altivec
   - G5 support

> Is it at all useful for anything

  Useful for anything that FreeBSD is useful for :-)

> Haven't seen any traffic on this list for a while, so I sorta kinda
> thought the project had died..

  Rumours of the projects death have been greatly exaggerated !

later,

Peter.