Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:02:49 +0100
From:      "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        <MJDLUGOS@aol.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CD-RW, disks access

Hi Mark,

> I have TEAC CD-W54E drive installed on my computer. Is any way to use
CD-RW
> disks under FreeBSD 4.0 (at least read them). I can mount disc formated
under
> MS Windows (mount -t cd9660 /cdrom) but I cannot access its content. I do
not
> have such problems with FreeBSD Install CDs. I am a beginer in FreeBSD
world
> so foregive me please if this question is insane.

Did you write this RW in UDF-Format (aka Packet CD)? Donīt do this (just use
iso-9660, maybe with Rock-Ridge or Joliet-extensions), this format is only
readable within Windows. Otherwise there should be no difference in reading
or mounting between a CD-RW and a CD-R. There are however older CD-ROMs,
which donīt like CD-RW because of their laser pick-ups. Is this machine
dual-booted with Win? Can you access the disk there, with the same CD-ROM?

Ciao
Siegbert