Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:06:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dataradio sysadmin <root@vhf.dataradio.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHA 2940 lockup == 2740 lockup?

I've been following with great interest the PCI 2940 adaptec bug/lockup
thread.  I've been experiencing the same type of problems on my news
server which is an EISA bus machine with an Adaptec 2740.  When it
crashes it fall into 3 types of crash:
	1. Disk channel dead, but can ping the system.
	2. Totally frozen
	3. Reboots itself.

When the machine is found in case 1 or 2, numerous times the light on the
hard disk is stuck on but no information is on the console.

The system is 2.1-Release.

Could these problems be related in any way to the problems people have
been seeing with the 2940?

Thanks!