Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2003 03:26:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hein Hermans <he1nh@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slow keyboard response, Presario 1230 laptop

Hi there,

Yesterday I installed FreeBSD 4.5 (though I noticed
the smae problem on 4.3 and 5.1) on a Presario 1230
laptop. During installation and afterwards I noticed a
slow keyboard response on the console. Scrolling of
long output works perfect or comparable to a Linux
installation. Only while typing (no system load) I
notice a minimal time lap between pressing the key and
the showing up of the character on the screen. Which
becomes irritating when typing in longer text.

Hoping that someone can shed some light on this, and
thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

Hein