Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:33:10 -0500
From:      David Rhodus <david@uky.edu>
To:        "Sean Winn" <sean@gothic.net.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: rsync --daemon problems

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 05:31 PM, Sean Winn wrote:

> What does netstat -na | grep 873 show?

On one machine that rsync start's on, I get this from netstat.
tcp6       0      0  *.873                  *.*
LISTEN

On another machine that it just dies and never seems to startup, I'm
seeing this in ktrace.

839 rsync    RET   __getcwd 0
    839 rsync    CALL  getsockopt(0,0xffff,0x1008,0xbfbffba0,0xbfbffba4)
    839 rsync    RET   getsockopt -1 errno 38 Socket operation on
non-socket
    839 rsync    CALL  fork
    839 rsync    RET   fork 840/0x348
    839 rsync    CALL  exit(0)