Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:32:48 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP client dies when not in passive mode?

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> See the ftp(1) manpage for an explanation.

I know about the command line/environment variables that can be used to
override this - but it's still annoying (see below)...

> In future, please refer general questions related to FreeBSD to the
> freebsd-questions mailing list -- freebsd-current is for issues relating
> specifically to CURRENT (4.0-CURRENT at the moment).

It happens on -current as well as the past versions... I seem to remember
someone mentioned it before, but I can't remember the outcome (I think it was
mentioned on -current)...

Surely it's behaviour should be consistant? - i.e. CTRL-C should abort the
current transfer/command (which it does), _unless_ your the other side of a
firewall without PASSIVE then CTRL-C does nothing, and your forced to wait,
and wait - or dump core...

-Kp