Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:14:48 -0400
From:      Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
To:        Wing Tim <twchim1@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 11 Mbit/s WaveLAN card

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 07:05:18PM +0800, Wing Tim wrote:
> Dear all,
>   I've bought a 11Mbit/s (instead of 2Mbit/s or 6Mbit/s as stated in some
> FreeBSD documentations) Lucent WaveLAN card. Does FreeBSD 4.2 support it?
>   Thanks!

The Orinoco WaveLAN IEEE Bronze, Silver and Gold cards are well supported by
the wi driver. If PCMCIA is configured correctly on your machine to know
what resources, irqs and i/o ports, are available and running then the
WaveLAN card should just work when you plug the card. You will need to
familiarize yourself with wicontrol to set the parameter so you can use your
network. If you wish to use IBSS mode you will want to update the firmware
on your card to the latest (7.28) using the software from Lucent and a
Windows box.

--
Chris Hilton                                 chilton-at-vindaloo-dot-com