Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 21:13:42 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nerd Talk

Hi,
For starters we don't know yet what are going to be the full specifications
for the new Sony PC. So lets pick that one up after monday when Sony
announces their product and please don't forget that they have their
PlayStation division to tap from for technology.

So lets deal with BeBox, whats so great about it in terms of multimedia?

Also if you already own a PC , I don't see any reason why you can
outfit your PC with the appropiate gear. S3 Virge (3d engine) ,
GUS PnP, matrox meteor or suitable vga plus video capture board--
I think Matrox has a decent combo vga + video capture.
Tapi devices are starting to rolling so if you shop around you
can probably find a decent Tapi board. My point is that you
can get a fairly decent multimedia PC.

JKH just posted  that Intel is selling P200 with their Aurora motherboard
for about $1300 . Now I love to see the price projection for a
dual P200 + motherboard by next christmas 8)

	Regards,
	Amancio