Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:50:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Barkley Vowk <bvowk@math.ualberta.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sshd + NIS = bad mojo?

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Barkley Vowk wrote:

> I'm upgrading my cluster to 5.0-R (fresh from CD), and everything works
> swimmingly except logging in as user on the YPmap.

I have about six boxes at work using 5.0-CURRENT and 5.0-RELEASE with NIS
accounts without any apparent problems.  I did shoot my toes several times
during the upgrade process, though.  I think I ended up manually forcing
rpcbind to be on as well as nisclient.  If finger and so on are working,
I'm not sure why you'd see this failure, though.  Does "id username"
return the correct grouplist?  Does this machine have multiple network
interfaces, or just one?

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories