Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:05:35 -0600
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 5.2.1-RC1 and RC2

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 01:59 pm, ian j hart wrote:

> If I forget to clean the filters, the temperature will rise, and the system
> becomes increasingly unstable. A few degrees increase is enough.
>
> My advice is to clean any filters, fans and heatsinks and check the fans
> spin correctly. If the box runs cooler, note the temperature for future
> reference.

Funny you bring this up - I took the case off, cleaned everything out
including the powersupply. I'm leaving the case off - currently, I'm running
at 109 degrees (F) and I was able to do my portupgrade of KDE without issues.

All in all, better ventelation is helping out tremendously.

--
Best regards,
Chris