Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:19:06 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        Justin Smith <jsmith@drexel.edu>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nvidia problem fixed in current?

--Boundary-02=_f6Ox/Ej+3Ff7pKv

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 18:40, Justin Smith wrote:
> 1. Was the problem with the nvidia driver ever fixed? (I reported this
> more than a month ago --- the kernel nvidia driver only works with
> parameters set to lower the speed of the interface, and even then failed
> with some OpenGL programs like OpenUniverse).

If you're talking about the nvidia driver (not the xfree86) then this isn't=
=20
true in general. It's been working here without any tweaks fine since=20
=2Dcurrent short after 5.1-release, also OpenUniverse is running without=20
problems here.
But the nvidia driver is still the same, you have to talk to nvidia to rele=
ase=20
a new one.

> 2. Can one upgrade to 5.2 beta by cvsupping to current and rebuilding
> world and kernel?

Yes.