Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:58:17 +0100
From:      Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Avoid questions from portupgrade?

Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> writes:

> Only by experience, or by reading through the port's Makefile.  You
> can switch off the interactive configuration by setting 'BATCH=yes' in
> make's argument list.  Most of the ports that use interactive
> configuration will in any case turn off the interactive stuff if you
> give them any WITH_FOO or WITHOUT_BAR options.

So, doing it manually would mean the following?

    cd /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu
    make BATCH=yes WITH_FOO=1 WITHOUT_BAR=1

And then, I following the instructions in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf
to put "BATCH=yes WITH_FOO=1 WITHOUT_BAR=1" in it in the right syntax
for the right ports.

That seems to be easy enough.  Cool.  Hm.

Maybe portsversion can give me a list of installed ports, and I just
look at their Makefiles.  Then I know what to put in the MAKE_ARGS
hash.

Kai