Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:59:47 +0800
From:      "Ho Seng Yip" <hsengyip@singnet.com.sg>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS Record

Hi,

I have two SMTP servers and will like to edit the DNS record for the domain
such that if the first stmp server fails, the mail client should try the
second one. I have such a record,

smtp               8H IN CNAME     smtpserver1
                        8H IN CNAME     smtpserver2

When I try to ping smtp.mydomain.com, it gives me the IP address of the
first domain and when I try to ping again, it gives me the IP address of the
second domain.

Is this how it should be done?

Thank you.

Regards,