Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:25:21 -0800
From:      Boris <koester@x-itec.de>
To:        "Vitaly Dugaev" <chimsp@unicom.cv.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MySQL

Hello Vitaly,

VD> Please help me get some information how conect to MySQL from ODBC (Win 98).

VD> I have 12 computors in ethernet, in computer IP=200.0.0.1 I install FreBSD 4.0 with MySQL, but I can't or don't know how connect to them using ODBC (I want make program in Delphi as client).

VD> I am beginer

U need to download the ODBC driver from the mysql website. Internally,
the driver connects to port 3306 on your bsd box.

You have to read the dox about GRANT someone access to tables and how
to allow connecting other hosts to your mysql-database, if you are not
logging in with a @localhost (or similar).

A small answer but there is everything well documented at mysql.com

--
Best regards,