Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 1997 18:26:14 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lib/libF77 and lib/libI77

> In reply:
> > 	1. They don't have Makefiles or, in libI77's case, have a
> > 	   Makefile but don't build.
>
> Try /usr/src/lib/libf2c/Makefile.

OK, bingo, you found it.  Thank you, that's *all* I was trying to find
out and I must have missed the reference somehow in my global grep
pass.  Now that I know these files are actually used, I can merge
the changes from -current.

If these libraries have been updated recently, that might also be a
good time to move them into /usr/src/contrib/lib/... - part of what
threw me is that it's rare to see skeleton makefiles which pull their
entire set of sources in from another part of /usr/src/!contrib since
we typically only do that for 3rd party products we're trying to hold
at arm's length, so to speak.  I see no reason, for example, why
libI77 and libF77 even have to live directly under /usr/src/lib since
they would be far more logically placed in /usr/src/contrib/lib or
/usr/src/lib/libf2c (which, except for the Makefile, is completely
empty).  Unless there's some overriding reason for this, I'd have to
say that the libf77 sources are currently very poorly organized in
FreeBSD's source tree.

					Jordan