Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 00:52:04 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        <MJDLUGOS@aol.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CD-RW, disks access

On 2/15/01, 1:02:49 AM, "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de> wrote=20
regarding Re: CD-RW, disks access:

> Did you write this RW in UDF-Format (aka Packet CD)? Don=B4t do this=20
(just use
> iso-9660, maybe with Rock-Ridge or Joliet-extensions), this format is =

only
> readable within Windows. Otherwise there should be no difference in=20
reading
> or mounting between a CD-RW and a CD-R. There are however older=20
CD-ROMs,
> which don=B4t like CD-RW because of their laser pick-ups. Is this=20
machine
> dual-booted with Win? Can you access the disk there, with the same=20
CD-ROM?

BTW, I have recently had to download some Win**** stuff (inter alia,=20
some drivers) for some friends. To make an ISO image of it, I=20
specified mkisofs's "R", "J" and "T" (paranoia ?) options, and I burnt=20
a (dao) CD-RW via cdrecord-1.9.

I was able to access its contents both on my FreeBSD system and on=20
Win**** machines. As a matter of fact, I  updated some Win**** drivers=20
via that CD on those machines.

Best regards,
Salvo