Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:09:10 -0700
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
To:        "Meagan Jia Pi" <meagan@e-lingo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: upgrading 3.X to 4.0 stable

>So how do I check when somebody is commit to the server?

You can't, really, unless the committer is kind enough to post a *HEADS UP*
message. But don't worry about it too much, the odds are that if you have a
problem, others out there have it too, and things tend to get fixed pretty
fast...

>I CVSup'd everything again, but the last "make install" failed.

Apparently, you've beaten the odds :-)

># make install
>===> aha
>install -c -o root -g wheel -m 555   aha.ko /modules
>install: aha.ko: No such file or directory
>*** Error code 71

Check that the directory /usr/src/sys/modules/aha exists and that there's a
Makefile in it. Actually, check /usr/src/sys/modules. There should be 80 or
so subdirectories in there. If not, we're still missing some source code
somewhere.

Did the 'make buildworld' work OK this time?

>I am determined to make it work, it bothers me that I can't. I appreciate
>all your help.

Believe me, I know how frustrating this can get. Don't give up, and we'll
eventually get it figured out.

--Dan

--
Dan O'Connor