Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:00:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <bf20761@binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Could not be delivered for 0 secs

I have been using my email account zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu to send emails
to the questions and hackers list for a while.  But recently, I can not do
so any more.  The message from Mail Delivery Subsystem
<MAILER-DAEMON@cs.binghamton.edu> is as follows:

... while talking to hub.freebsd.org.:
>>> HELO sol
<<< 450 <sol>: Host not found
<stable@FreeBSD.ORG>... Deferred: 450 <sol>: Host not found
Message could not be delivered for zero seconds
Message will be deleted from queue

The host name of the machine is sol.cs.binghamton.edu, but you can telnet
it as cs.binghamton.edu without the leading sol.  I normally use PINE to
send/receive emails. Now I can still use netscape to send email to hackers
list, and the mail server is set to be mail.binghamton.edu, the identity
is set to be zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu.

The strange thing is that I can still send emails to other remote
addresses with this email address using PINE.  Why cannot I do so with
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org? Note that I can receive messages from
questions/hackers list with PINE, but just can not send messages to these
lists. I hope someone can help me diagnose this problem.  Thanks a lot.

-Zhihui