Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:23:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Kim <dk@cs.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, cg@freebsd.org
Subject:   4 Speaker Out w/ SBLive Problems

I have SBLive! Value card running under FreeBSD 4.2-BETA, and I am
receiving no output from the second jack (the rear speaker output).

<2 82-0> (19:17:17) [ dk@omnia ~ ]% cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Nov  4 2000 09:12:54
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at io 0xe800 irq 5 (4p/3r channels duplex)

<2 87-1> (19:18:42) [ dk@omnia ~ ]% ls -l /dev/ds*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         4 Nov  4 18:44 /dev/dsp -> dsp0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   30,   3 Nov  4 19:18 /dev/dsp0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         5 Nov  4 18:45 /dev/dspW -> dspW0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   30,   5 Nov  4 09:53 /dev/dspW0

I hook up my sblive card with Klipsch Promedia 2-400 speakers.  I am
receiving output only from the front speakers, but not the rear
ones.  Initially thinking this was speaker problem, I plugged the rear
speaker jack to the 1st jack and the front speaker jack to the 2nd jack on
the sound card and I hear sound coming from the rear speakers but none
from the front.  It seems like the 2nd jack on the SBLive card is not
transmitting any signal at all.

Help?

dk