Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:11:08 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Config NeoMagic *driver* support in XF86 SVGA port (3.3.3)?

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 09:31:20AM -0500, Chris Shenton wrote:
> Running on 2.2.8-STABLE cvsupped and built yesterday. Ports cvsupped
> yesterday too. Tried to build the new XFree86-3.3.3 port in
> /usr/ports/x11/XF86 to get support for NeoMagic chipset in my
> laptop. The compiled (SVGA) server does not include this driver, tho
> the pre-built one on xfree86.org does (built on a 2.2.5 system).

I use 3.3.3 with NeoMagic in my laptop. Works OK! It runs 2.2.7-RELEASE
though, but this shouldn't matter I guess. I use the SVGA server

> I've been wandering through the source code in the port looking for
> where I specify what drivers to include in the SVGA server but I can't
> find it.  It's a lot of code and I don't have experience mucking with
> it.
>
> Can some one point me at what I need to add/change to specify driver
> support for NeoMagic in the SVGA server?
>
> Thanks.

                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)

If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
.. Oh, wait a minute, he already does."