Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 1998 20:14:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mike grommet <mgrommet@ns.insolwwb.net>
To:        Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   Re: Show Stopper? Failure to Install 19981014

> c.  The release we built on the 4th of October displays the messages but
>     does not fail to install.  The release of the 13th displays the same
>     messages but fails to install.
>
> Maybe there is sme help in these notes...

Well, it happened (the cross link error and failed install) to me on the Oct
4th version... thats when I first attempted to install 3.0...

just to clarify that it (the bug) did exist and was fatal (if to no one
else but me) on the 4th...

So, anyone know if that fix mentioned a few messages ago actually
did the trick?