Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:42:15 +0200
From:      Jean-Michel DRICOT <jdricot@ulb.ac.be>
To:        Java Port FreeBSD <java-port@FreeBSD.org>, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Comm API: development proposal

I dowloaded last week JAVA's Comm API on SUN's site, because I needed
Serial & Parallel port functions under JAVA.
As always for that kind of API, I looked after the machine-specific JNI
interfaces & drivers and found one for Linux but none for FreeBSD.

Is there actually a project about the porting of this API ?

If not,  I'd like to build my own driver from scratch or try to port the
Linux JNI to FreeBSD and make it available for the whole FreeBSD
community.
A friend of mine is also very interested in that project and he's a
rather high skill developper in Linux.

My porting team is complete :-) . Drop me a line if you'e interested in
that project

Jim

"Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who it's friends are."

Dricot Jean-Michel
3rd year study in Computer & MicroElectronic Engineering
Polytechnic School
Free University of Brussels (ULB)

e-mail: jdricot@ulb.ac.be