Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:43:56 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dell Latitude CP CDROM drive

Having a problem with working with the CDROM drive on FreeBSD-2.2.7.  The
kernel
picks it up as /dev/wdc1, but no entry is made (MAKEDEV doesn't like it
either).  I wonder
if there are conflicts... I have defined ATAPI and wcd in the configuration
(kernel).

The kernel message upon boot is:

... wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
... wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <CD-ROM CDR_U200/1.09>, removable, intr, dma, iordis

Everything else (networking etc) seems intact and works okay.  I just
installed the system
the other day, so only noticed the CDROM just now.

Thanks.