Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:56:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tyler McGeorge <millioncheese@yahoo.com>
To:        SF <lists@stevenfettig.com>, Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Users for Daemons - not logging in - how?

Make the login shell /bin/no (I believe). Not sure, I
still haven't weened myself from adduser script. If
you use the adduser script, it will have a no or
noshell option for their login shell. This prevents
console/telnet/ssh login, but will still allow FTP.
And the user will be valid, so you will be able to run
services with it. I believe there a default daemon
user, but I am unsure as to it's intent.

Best of luck,
Tyler McGeorge