Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:38:02 +0200
From:      Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
To:        Naim <naim@bitcare.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVI to MPEG conversion

Naim wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for a tool to convert an AVI file into MPEG.
>
> I have looked at both mplayer and ffmpeg, but I can't quite seem to figure this out.
>
> If anyone has the patience and knowledge of how to do this I would appreciate it a lot.
>
> Best and kind regards,
> Rico

I'm sure it shoudl be possible with mencoder ( the video-encoder from
mplayer ) you might want to check avidemux2, I'm prety sure it can
recode avi files. It's in the multimedia section of teh portstree if you
want to try and here is the official site: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Good Luck,

--
-Frank Staals