Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:53:19 PDT
From:      "Neutrino Phantom" <neutrino2000@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What tipped the balance

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:05:27 -0700 Sean Harding wrote:

>Everyone is trying to show me performance stats to dispute my argument.
>The fact is, I never said I *cared* about that. For me, it's a matter
of
>getting my job done. A lot of that is getting and keeping the machines
up
>and running. And that generally takes a lot less effort when it is a
>workstation rather than a PC.

As an administrator, _you_ might not care about performance, but the
people you're supposed to be working for do.  I'm using a Sun IPC at
work, which is slow as hell compared to my dual P-Pro 200 desktop and my
Pentium II 266 laptop.  Come on, the Sun is slow compared to my
girlfriend's 486 running Win95!!  It's rather hard for me to get work
done on the Sun, despite the fact that it's never crashed and has been
nicely running as part of the network for quite some time.  You may
argue that I'm comparing archaic Suns with fairly new PC's, but that's
the way it works when Suns are so expensive.  If the government can't
afford more than a few Ultras, how can the home user?

****
"Do people want fire that can be fitted nasally?"
-HHGTTG
****