Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:20:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      tang hongbin <hongbintang@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A problem about TAP under freebsd

Dear all;
    After I compile tap driver option into kernel. I
can build tapX device and also see them by ifconfig.
After assigning IP addresses to these virtual ethernet
devices, I try to impose firewall policies on them,
blocking in and out data. But I can ping these taps
device. These rules don't take effective at all. I
used ip_filter v3.4.8 to test.

   Could you give a hand?

bill.tang