Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:46:23 -0700
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TT Fonts...

I am trying to not go blind and install TT fonts into X. I have installed
xfstt, ttmkfdir, and have copied some TT fonts into
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType. I then ran ttmkfdir > font.dir. I have
this in .xinitrc :

startkde
xset fp+ unix/:7101
xset fp+ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType

And I get this when starting X :

xset: bad font path element (#42), possible causes are:
Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
Directory missing fonts.dir
Incorrect font server address or syntax

I've searched deja and the archives and don't seem to be able to find
much....