Date:      11 Jul 2001 19:18:16 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Igor Kulemzin <kulemzinn@mail.ru>
Cc:        "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: cron exited on signal 11

Igor Kulemzin <kulemzinn@mail.ru> writes:

> Hi,
>
>   I've try to use default crontab file and cron worked.
>
>   I've use this string only in my /etc/crontab:
>
>   00     12      *       *       1-5             sendmail -q

This doesn't look right.  Not right, at all.

The sixth field in my /etc/crontab is the username that the command is going
to be run as.

	1	3	*	*	*	root	periodic daily

>   After commenting it out, cron worked.
>
>   How can i send bug report?
>   What the gdb output or i should send cron.core?
>   What the mail address or program I should use?

If you can pin this down to some specific problem in cron when a user is not
specified, then you could send patches by running send-pr(1).

	% send-pr

Even if you don't know a solution, send-pr(1) is the Right-Thing(TM) to do
when you think you have discovered a bug.

-giorgos