Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:35:06 +0200
From:      Maxime Henrion <mhenrion@cybercable.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   bug in the syscons fonts ?

            Hello,

I've noticed a weird thing in the fonts of syscons that i think may be a
bug. I am a french user, so i have these lines in my rc.conf to have
FreeBSD correctly displaying my accentued characters :

keymap="fr.iso.acc"
font8x8="cp850-8x8"
font8x14="cp850-8x14"
font8x16="cp850-8x16"
scrnmap="iso-8859-1_to_cp437"

The problem is that when i type a "à" (an "a" with a backquote for
thoses who cant see it correctly), i get a "D" on the screen ! This only
occurs while i'm on a text console, not under X.
Have i done something wrong ? Thanks for help !

            - Maxime Henrion