Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:31:32 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux emulations how to?

> I compiled a -current kernel with COMPAT_LINUX and booted it.

On Friday I spent a few minutes trying to make a linux_lib port
which would ftp/install the proper linux libraries for linux-compat
I couldn't get the slackware 2.3 libs to work.  Then I found
three different sets of libs on local machines here.  I found
this combination to work:

ld.so
libXaw.so.3
libXt.so.3.1.0
libgr.so.1
libm.so.4.5.26
libX11.so.3
libXaw.so.3.1.0
libc.so.4
libgr.so.1.3
libX11.so.3.1.0
libXt.so.3
libc.so.4.5.26
libm.so.4

But I'm thinking now it's more of an issue with ld.so than
the libraries themselves.

I'm still looking for a public ftp that has older linux libs, when I find
something I'll finish out the linux library port.

BTW, I've got linux ports of mapleV and Wingz (commercial demos), and I'll
get a doom port when these library issues are fixed.

> --
> Brian Litzinger       |                                                        |
> brian@mediacity.com   |           This space intentionally left blank          |
> http://www.mpress.com |                                                        |

eric.
--