Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:29:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        kint@videotron.ca (Joel Dinel)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq 1370

Joel Dinel writes:
> I have an Ensoniq 1370. Is there a chance it will be supported if I
> recompile my kernel? Anybody else has that type of card and has it
> operational under FreeBSD?

First, please put newlines in your mail; that will make your mail
easier for others to read, and prevent it from violating network
specifications for email.

You don't say which version of FreeBSD you have, but yes, there is a
chance. Assuming you're running something recent enough, adding
"device pcm" to the kernel config will cause the ensoniq 1370 to be
recognized at boot time. Create the appropriate devices (cd /etc; sh
MAKEDEV snd0) and install sound applications, and it'll work.

	<mike