Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:26:16 -0500
From:      rafege@mail.com (G.E. Rafe)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! WordPerfect can't find /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 !

We upgraded our Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 from 4.6-R to 4.7-R yesterday
to try to take advantage of some work on USB devices
(specifically, ucom & uvisor for our Palm m130).
That bit still isn't working, but another, more troubling problem
has arisen.

Our WordPerfect 8 for Linux installation
(which worked perfectly under 4.6-R w/linux_base-6.1)
now complains when asked to start:

ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found
Abort

Of course, linux_base-7.1_1 doesn't reference ld-linux.so.1,
so what's up with that ?!

And the 4.7-R distribution come with linux_base-6,
so "going back" isn't an immediate option.

I find the same behavior with the Acrobat 3 reader.

I won't mind terribly ditching Acrobat 3 for its successors,
but we use WordPerfect often enough for this to be a problem.

Suggestions, pointers will be appreciated !
--
Gary E. RAFE, PhD
grafe@eng.utoledo.edu