Date:      27 Feb 98 09:34:49 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Logging User's activity

At 27 Feb 98 16:25:32 Dinesh Pal wrote regarding Logging User's activity

 DP> One of my FreeBSd user is very creative .He always try to
 DP> explore something new on my servers .I want to log his all the
 DP> commands entered by him without his knowledge,So that i can
 DP> check that later.Please advice.

Snooping is Very Unethetical. If you want to do it, make sure you get clearence
for it from above, if you don't want to risc your job or a lawsuit. Unless your
users have been duely noticed about it when they got an account, and have been
told that they may only do few, simple things...
Instead, you might want to befriend the user in question, and have him help you
discover security problems. Most likely he does not mean any harm, but just
wants to go discovering. Thinking what is possible is legal. If it weren't
allowed, you would have disabled it.

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---