Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:06:39 +0100
From:      Hroi Sigurdsson <hroi@asdf.dk>
To:        Hurf Sheldon <hurf@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup/cvsupfile question

Hurf Sheldon wrote:

> I'm curious:
> How would we set the cvsupfile to stay with 4.2-STABLE?

Then you need to specify a date before 4.2-STABLE was history in your
cvsup file. But then you don't get fixes that have been commited since.

> Despite Mark's protestations to the contrary, I'm uneasy about
> putting "BETA" on my production systems. How long between
> a "I'll fix that tonight" update of a driver and the time that change
> gets rolled into the "ENG" code?

New things are committed to 5.0-CURRENT and hang there for a couple of
days before being ported to 4.x.

> Is there an easy way to poll the cvs repository for a list
> of valid version numbers/dates that can be requested?

There is only RELENG_4 and RELENG_5 right now.
The best fix is to edit /usr/src/conf/newver.sh if you don't like the
string.

--
Hroi Sigurdsson