Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:59:30 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        Eddie Fry <eddie@wicked.eaznet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh

On Thu, Mar 12, 1998 at 07:24:36PM -0800, Studded wrote:
> Eddie Fry wrote:
> >
> > Ok,
> >
> >  can't seem to find any documentation on how to move files between machines using ssh.
>
> 	That's because you don't. You use scp (man scp for details). For future
> reference, you want to check the mail archives for the -questions list
> before asking simple questions like this.
> http://www.freebsd.org/search.html
> Also, you really should have asked this in freebsd-questions.

So let's show the answer there too.
But hang on, I've got another question :-)

I went and searched and couldn't find the item in the archives.
That's what usually happens when someone says to look there, so I mustn't
have the hang of this thing yet.

I was searching for "ssh and file and transfer" and "ssh and ftp".
Yes I did read all the messages that came up, as well as the searching tips,
but couldn't think of anything else to do.

How would you have done this search?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-