Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:15:25 +0100
From:      "Ton Spaan" <tonspaanremovethis@xs4al.nl>
To:        "Freebsd-Newbies (E-mail)" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: My first installation ;-) with a problem :-(

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG]Namens jacks@sage-american.com
Verzonden: donderdag 24 januari 2002 0:00
Aan: Ton Spaan; freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Onderwerp: Re: My first installation ;-) with a problem :-(

...I just reread my answer and it might be confusing: I said:
==============================
"If you want to shut down (then turn off the power switch if desired):
#shutdown -p now
...should do it....
==============================

DO NOT turn off the power switch first.... run the shutdown command and
THEN turn off the power if desired....

Don't worry I did understand the steps to take ;-)

But does anyone can tell me if i'm seeing ghosts?

This is the first time i'm handeling FBSD.
But it seems so complex I don't know where to start.

For sure I understand I was building a firewall.
So I know I have to use 2 NIC's
The first gets the IP-number and all the other stuff from the DHCP-server
from my provider.
But the second one must have an Ip-number in my local network.

I managed to do that. (how a grown-up can be happy with this small
adjustments ;-) )

And now. I can ping my lacal network adapter. That's funny he reply's ;-)

Can anyone tell me in a few line's witch steps I have to go trough?

No I don't expect U to tell me how to configure the whole server (I like to
manage that by myself) just point me in the right direction.

I've started to look trough the FBSD handbook. But if I have to implement
all the intresting things I read there I won't be able to get this thing
running the next couple of years.

And so another question. Does anyone have expirience with Symantec ghost?
I'd like to make often a ghost image of my boot device. (U know if U mess up
the stuff you can take a step back) Maybe I'm gonna find out first now I
know the basics of installing and shut down ;-)

Anyway thanks for your help. Maybe there will be a day you'll hope I'm not
around (questions, questions)

BTW exept I speak english I'm dutch.