Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:58:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@DanMahoney.com>
To:        Steve Neuharth <steveneu@visi.com>
Cc:        freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Broken /stand/sysinstall?

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Steve Neuharth wrote:

>  2.2.7 is no longer available for download. You have to install 2.2.8 or
> 3.0. You could try using the 2.2.8 dirs... not sure of the implications.
>  BTW the trailing directory tree name (like 2.2.8-stable) is
> configurable in somewhere in sysinstall... I forget where but I
> remember  white text on black as opposed to blue/red.

You set that in install options.  And the 2.2.7 dirs are at

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-2.2.7/

The problem is, whatever distribution you put in...It tries to go there
and CD packages.  There is no "packages" directory by that exact name.

Which is why I either need source or an ftp proxy (a symlink might be nice
as well).  (Of course, assuming I'm really in a demented mood, I could
always download INDEX from that directory and point it at localhost)...But
there has to be a better way.

--

"Blargy Frap!"

-mtreal, efnet #macintosh channel, 8.10.98, Approx 3AM

Dan Mahoney
Gushi on efnet IRC
ICQ:13735144
(webpages TBA)