Date:      Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:25:46 -0800
From:      Steven Davidson <sdn@sprintlabs.com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
Cc:        Hamilton Hoover <hamilton@twopoint.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: real player media

Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 01:45:09PM -0600, Hamilton Hoover wrote:
> > Is there support for playing real player streaming files? I'm not sure
> > where to look for this.
>
> /usr/ports/audio/linux-realplayer or something
>
> Edwin
>
> --
> Edwin Groothuis   |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
> mavetju@chello.nl |                     http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/
> ------------------+               telnet://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org:4000

It does work on Freebsd.

Install the linux-netscape-navigator, then
install the linux realplayer.
It only works when running the Linux navigator.
My test worked with www.cnn.com realplayer streaming news
(regarding Monkey DNA and 'Andi').

If you run the linux-netscape and the regular netscape at the same time,
be prepared for some corruption in your .netscape directory tree.
The netscape error states that you have not identified yourself in the
email return address (when you have).  It is somewhat tricky to
clean this up.  Basicly, remove everything you can without disrupting
netscape's normal operation and the error disappears.

Steve