Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2007 02:50:15 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        "Bin Cheng" <bicheng@ironport.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:13:12 -0800 Bin Cheng wrote:

> System can't boot from 7.0-BETA4-i386-bootonly cd-rom. I downloaded

Are you sure you want to bbot from -bootonly CD?
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-diff-media.html#AEN3258

How did you burn the CD? The common error for Windows users is to
write the downloaded image as an ordinary file while it's an iso image.
Do you have/had other OSes installed at this hardware?
Do you check if BIOS is trying to use a CD to install?

> 7.0-BETA4-i386-bootonly, 7.0- BETA4-i386-disc1 and 7.0-BETA4-i386-disc2
> first then burn it on the cd-rom. Any idea? Please let me know.

Please show any display/console output you see while booting (and
maybe an error message) and we'll be glad to help you. A breaf
description of your hardware (motherboard/chipset/memory/CD DRIVE/etc)
may also give us some tips.

WBR
--
bsam