Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:01:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Abraham J. Stephens" <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Simple natd question.

 I hope this is a simple question about natd...

I have two networks, a private network (10.0.0.0) and a public network
(205.181.13.0). One system running 2.2.5 has one nic plugged into each network,

here is the problem:

There is a sun web server sitting on the private network. I thought that I
might be able to use natd to alias an address on the public network to sun
sitting on the private network such that users would be able to access the
sun's web server.

Is this possible?
What flags do I need to use with natd? What interface do I need to specify?

I was able to execute natd in verbose mode and saw natd aliasing packets
traveling in, but I never saw any traffic out.

-thanks for any help

Abraham J. Stephens