Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:10:38 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hope for USB support?

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'm very reliant on VirtualBox, I suspect many on this list are (or
> eventually will be), so I'm interested in having this support.
>
> Hans, would this be better handled by the FreeBSD Foundation, or would
> a pool of interested users be an appropriate vessel for the funds
> (assuming it is financially viable -- how much are we talking? ;) ).

Yeah a good bounty system would be nice to have.  I would contribute to the
cause in this case.  Unfortunately, I don't think the old bounty system
where the user promises to pay once something gets there works very well.
It would be nice for the FreeBSD Foundation to take collections in escrow
and offer goals stats for specific projects, but I don't think they do that
for whatever reason.  If something like that were to become possible, making
it known via the FreeBSD VirtualBox wiki would be nice.

Also a side note, USB 2.0 support would be a requirement for a project I
would contribute too.  USB 1.0/1.1 is not really needed IMO.

--
Adam Vande More