Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:19:50 -0800
From:      "daniel" <daniel@pacex.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Logging to track connection problems

Hi FreeBSD folks;

I am trying to troubleshoot a connection problem for a user who wants to
make a VPN connection to a remote office via our freebsd server. I want to
be able to log ALL packets and protocols/ports used between this user and
the remote office.
I tryed 'Log_In_Vain' but it is obviously not logging everything because the
remote office server user is supposed to talk to does not even show in the
log (/var/log/messages). I also tryed logging everything in
/etc/rc.firewall --> open and this does not show session either.
Is there a utility that can log EVERY packet with it's protocol and port
number?

Dan