Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:41:15 -0500
From:      Spamoff <Spambait@tampabay.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support SiS 6326 AGP Video-card!!

Chris...what are you talking about ??

It's got nothing to do with FreeBsd  as the later part of your mail alludes
to.,

FreeBsd, OpenBsd, NetBsd and Linux are text based OS's.  If you want a GUI then

use XFree86 which runs on them all. If it crashes, don't blame it on the OS.

The easiest way to explain it is comparing Dos and Windows 3.0/3.1/3.11 (yes, I

know there is a difference...but it's the easiest analogy for most people to
understand) Windows 3.1 etc. is just an appliaction that runs on top of Dos,
Xfree86 and XWindows (generically) are much the same, running on top of the
host OS (no nit-picking please, it's an analogy)

Just because the GUI crashes, the OS still goes on (in this case FreeBsd).

Get XFree86 3.3.3.1 released in Jan this year. I have a SIS 6326 and it works
great. Set Sw_cursor and Nop_blt  (I think that's spelt right).

Martin