Date:      09 Apr 1999 15:29:26 +0000
From:      shields@msrl.com (Michael Shields)
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: palm-pilot guys

In article <Pine.BSF.4.10.9904051839180.29316-100000@picnic.mat.net>,
Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net> wrote:
> There's options of a 3 pack replacement styluses, leather carrying case
> (I think this one's really unneeded, unless they're fragile), modem
> cable, AC adaptor (do they use a commonly available voltage, like one I
> can get at Radio Shack?) PalmIII cradle windows (this one's a complete
> mystery to me), and a HoySync cable for PC.

You don't need any of these.  It comes with the cradle you need to
talk with it over a serial port.  The replacement styli aren't needed
unless you lose them, and if you do, you can use any object that won't
scratch the screen (for example, a capped pen).  The modem and its AC
adaptor are truly optional.  (The AC adaptor is not for the Palmpilot
itself; it runs on AAAs.)
--
Shields.